Monday, September 12, 2011

RYDS Tour Stop - Interview with Amber Scott


Welcome to Day 2 of the Romancing Your Dark-Side (RYDS) tour set of author interviews here on Reviews and Interviews. The tour itself is Aug 5 - Oct 31, and here's the full schedule. I'm hosting all 7 authors here this week.

Today's guest is Amber Scott.

And at the end of the week, there will be a Virtual Gift Basket Giveaway for one commenter - Ebooks upon Ebooks, swag, and other goodies. So make sure to leave a comment today and each day this week!

Dawn, please tell us about your current release, Fierce Dawn.
"X-MEN action meets True Blood heat!" *****5 stars
---Ann Charles, Nearly Departed In Deadwood, 2010 Daphne Winner

Snarling teeth, glowing eyes. Someone--something--is after her.

The man who haunts her dreams enters her reality, claiming she's transforming into a changeling--not quite immortal but no longer human.

Battle lines are drawn and blood spills as the two fight not only for her life, but for mankind's as well.

What inspired you to write this book?
A few things. Fierce Dawn’s delicious hero, Elijah, first appeared to me in dream sequences that Sadie, the heroine, had then found herself needing to paint. I’ve long been fascinated by the idea, what if hallucinations of mental illnesses were real? What if these persons could actually see what others can’t? I’m fascinated with the human brain and this what if helped ParaRealm come to life along with the idea of humans becoming changelings, a cross of immortal and human, evolved due to environmental needs.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I’m working on the second ParaRealm book Stealing Dusk, Lyric’s story. Lyric is a feeder, an immortal who gives and takes energy and images. In ParaRealm human blood is a drug and immortals who are addicted to it are vampires. Lyric is fighting his own vampirism as he helps hunt down the leader of an evil faction out to annihilate humankind. His best friend’s ex proves to be key to helping him and tempting him beyond redemption.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I was about four when I first declared to my mom that I was going to be a writer. I credit her taking my claim seriously for that seed planting and growing over the years.

It wasn’t until I became a stay at home mom, staring at the walls during naptimes that I decided, if not now, when? I participated in NaNoWriMo and found I didn’t just love dreaming of being a writer. I actually love to write, too! Phew!

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I need to make soundtracks for my novels to nail down characters, scenes and mood. I’m so dependent on my iPod that when it went missing, I had a serious anxiety attack. I grew attached to having it next to me, earplugs in. And I love shopping for songs for scenes. For Stealing Dusk, for example, I just found the perfect Deftones song for one of Lyric’s bloodsport battle scenes.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An author. My back up plan is a hair stylist, though. I love hair.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
My reader/fan group is called the HOT Club and my motto is “Spoil the HOT!” If any readers would like to join, since it is a secret Facebook group, I’ll just need us to be friends and then for them to let me know they’d like in.

In the HOT Club, you get all Amber Scott and release news first, a HOT swag kit (Swag so HOT, your mailman wants it, is the slogan for it) and just some all around fun. I’m also on Twitter and have a list called the HOT Club there, too.

Thanks, Amber!

Remember, at the end of the week, there will be a Virtual Gift Basket Giveaway for one commenter - Ebooks upon Ebooks, swag, and other goodies. So make sure to leave a comment today and each day this week!

3 comments:

Dawn Cripps said...

Great interview and love the sounds awesome look forward to reading it

InlovewithTwilight7 said...

I'm friends with you on facebook. I would love to in the Hot Club. I can't wsit to read Ferious Dawn. Next installment sounds awesome.

Unknown said...

Next book sounds yummy!!! Do you have an Ipod 2?
viajeradelmar@aol.com