Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Interview with Christian non-fiction author Lisa Sparrow

Today's special blog guest is Lisa Y Sparrow. Her first autobiographical Christian book, His Eye Is on the Sparrow is now available.

Bio:
Newcomer Lisa Sparrow has endured more pain and loss in her life than anyone should be expected to. With her first book, His Eye Is on the Sparrow, she reveals the challenges she has faced in stunning detail. Lisa has learned the hard way that if you stay where you are in life, you’ll never reach your full potential. Her journey to self-love and acceptance has been a hard fought battle and one she is led by God to share with her readers.

Lisa is a divorced mother of two wonderful children, Lauren and Leon, and currently lives in Columbus, Ohio. She currently works as clerical support for a local lighting company.

With His Eye Is on the Sparrow, Lisa hopes to shed some light on the subject of mental illness in this country and the process of healing. Although this is Lisas first project, it certainly will not be her last. She is currently working on a follow up scheduled to be released in 2014.

Welcome, Lisa. Please tell us about your debut book.
His Eye Is on the Sparrow is not so much a self-help book for those suffering with mental illness. What I did was share my experience living my entire life being different and how I faced life being challenged with mental health issues.

What inspired you to write this book?
I got frustrated trying to find books trying to understand depression and they are either written by mental health professionals or celebrities and I am neither, I am everyday people. I have had a lot of people ask me what can they do to help when I am in a mental health episode and it reasons that people just want to understand and help their loved ones, so I wrote this for them. 

What exciting story are you working on next?
Right now I’m working on another autobiography about an 18-month period of time when a childhood friend tried to kill me. I spent a lot of time trying to rebuild my life after that and this book will talk about the many challenges that I encountered.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
This is something that I am still adjusting to, but I’ve been writing since I was about 12 years old.

Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
No, I wish I were a full-time writer. I am clerical support for a local lighting company here in Columbus, Ohio so I write when I’m not working.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
My environment has to be clean (thank God that I have OCD ~ Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). I also light candles and listen to music.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A romance writer.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?

Never ever give up on your dreams, regardless of how long it takes!!! It has taken me over 30 yrs (WOW) to get to this point, but I am so HAPPY that I stepped out on faith and kept putting on foot in front of the other and now, I am a published author! 

Social media links:

Buy linkAmazon

Thanks, Lisa!


No comments: