Thursday, April 13, 2017

Interview with children's writer Pete Leriget

Children’s author Pete Leriget joins me today to chat about his new short story book, The Adventures of Blitz and Uncle Drake. It’s a fantastic journey for early readers.

Bio:
Pete Leriget is a retired pilot with a love to tell stories to kids. He has written three books in the Adventures of Blitz and Uncle Drake series and plans to write many more. Pete loves to spend time with his family which includes their three German Shorthairs, fishing and exploring Idaho where they live.

What do you enjoy most about writing short stories?
Probably the thing I enjoy the most about writing these stories is reliving the real adventures I had with Blitz and Drake and then embellish the stories a bit and of course to make them fun for everyone to read.

Can you give us a little insight into a few of your short stories – perhaps some of your favorites?
In the first book, probably the journey back to where Uncle Drake came from, in the second book in the series I think it’s when Uncle Drake figured out how to get the stuck pea out of Blitz’s nose.

What genre are you inspired to write in the most? Why?
Ummm…. Children’s? cuz… no really, My wife says I act like a ten-year-old, I just tell her, Yep…and to tell you the truth, I didn’t think I was acting that old, but I’ll accept that.

What exciting story are you working on next?
The third and fourth books in the series.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Wait…..What?.... I’m a writer?

How do you research markets for your work, perhaps as some advice for writers?
Get a publicist.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
You mean like wearing a sweater and smoking a pipe…. I’m more like a baseball cap on backwards and chewing on a toothpick.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
RICH….but I don’t think that’s going to happen, I actually got a degree in biology and worked for the Idaho Fish and Game as a biologist for a short time after college then decided to become a commercial pilot. Flew the bush in Alaska for about ten years then moved back to Idaho and got a job as a Learjet Captain for Life Flight and now have regressed back to just a bum.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?

I’m not really that much of an interesting guy….so no, can’t think of anything

Links:

No comments: