Thursday, November 16, 2017

Interview with writer Shelly Campbell-Harley

Author Shelly Campbell-Harley joins me today to chat about her parenting books, 50 Things Your Kids DON’T Want to Tell You; and 50 Things Your Parents Want You to Know.

Bio:
Single parent, author, speaker, consultant. Live in Southern California and love spending time with family, outdoors, crafting, and reading.

Welcome, Shelly. Please tell us about your current releases.
Wrote both books in hopes to build healthy positive relationships between parents and their children. Both books were written to be informative and as reflective journals for the reader.

What inspired you to write these books?
The lack of communication and close positive relationships in families.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am currently working on an adult political suspense/thriller involving a fictional terrorist group.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
As a teenager, I used to write ‘episodes’ of my favorite tv series’. Stopped writing for a while, and then started again about seven years ago.
Do you write full-time? If so, what's your work day like? If not, what do you do other than write and how do you find time to write?
I’m a teacher so I don’t get to spend a lot of time writing but I try to fit it in during the evenings and in spare moments on the weekends/holidays. I have to schedule it in as I do the other things in my life or it doesn’t happen.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I write better and more if I’m in my living room on the couch. I spread things out (research, notes, etc.) and I just seem more relaxed and creative there. Of course, no one else can be in there doing anything except reading!
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was young, I wanted to be a cowgirl or a veterinarian.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I hope that my books will help many families become closer and improve their relationships. I also hope readers will send me their comments on amazon and on my blog and Facebook! Thanks for everything!

Links:

Thank you for being here today!


No comments: