Friday, March 3, 2017

Interview with humorous sci-fi/fantasy author Scott Talbot Evans

My special guest today is an author from a time and space not of this earth, Scott Talbot Evans. He’s giving us a look into his new humor/sci-fi fantasy novel, 11,984.

Welcome, Scott. Please tell us about your current release.
11,984 is a story that takes place in the far distant future, in a time when the world has evolved into a highly advanced perfect society, where the problems of war, disease, and poverty have been solved a long time ago, and everyone is highly evolved, super intelligent, superstring, and super talented. In this future world, technology is unlimited, everything is free, there is no money or countries or names. Most buildings and objects are either clear plastic or invisible.

What inspired you to write this book?
To help people imagine a better world.

Short excerpt from 11,984:
***I do not have human emotions; therefore my heart is not broken***

What exciting story are you working on next?
Don't know, maybe a self-help book.

Writing life related:
The coffee shop is my office.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
First grade, but I also wanted to be a doctor, an artist, and a secret agent.

Do you write full-time? Yes. If so, what's your work day like?
See coffee shop. I alternate between sitting and standing to get exercise.

How do you find time to write?
I remember how little time there is left.

Fun:
I love movies, riding a bicycle, and Liesl.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Slow computers make me sick.

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Believe that world peace is possible.

Thanks for being here today, Scott. Happy writing!

1 comment:

Scott Talbot Evans said...

Thank you for posting Lisa.